Thursday, November 8, 2007

As day three of my incessant blogging begins, I'd like to let you know that I have had more time today than both the days past, however I find less news to report. I do however, plan to rant for a while...

Note: I pick and choose what qualifies as news stories for my blog, so even if something important (in your world) happened today, I may not report on it.

First off lets start with a little politikin.

There is some talk going on about Bill Clinton unfarily defending Hilary something something something. Some of the other candidates are claiming it is unfair. To be honest I didn't read the entire story.

My Two Cents: Are you kidding me? regardless of their infidelities of the past, he is still her husband! What do the other candidates expect? he is by far her biggest bargaining chip to get into the white house. Why wouldnt he be supporting her? He was one of the most popular presidents ever. ( I have no idea if that is a fact). I think its just downright silly for other Democratic cadidates to be crying over this. He's not gonna endorse anyone else, so what do you want from him?

In internation news Mushramoff has set a date for Pakistan's elections in February. The White House commended him on it.

My Two Cents: This is silly, because all he did was supposedly set a date for elections, meanwhile he has not ended the milataristic state of emergency! Nothing has changed! I understand in some situations diplomacy has to take baby steps, but I don't think having the president of Pakistan set a date for elections(which were already set to take place in January) is a win for us on this one. Shit is going down, and you can quote that.

A U.S. BlackHawk helicopter crashed in Italy killing 4-5 Americans (the figures vary).
No cause of the crash has yet been released.

My Two Cents: I feel like there have been a lot of helicopter crashes in the past few years. Maybe that is just a statistical reality with flying around in helicopters, but it seems like there is something faulty with a lot of the BlackHawks. On a side note, it is a really cool helicopter.

The U.S. has expressed concern that yesterdays announcement by Achmenijidaddy that Iran has 3,000 working centrifuges, will lead to an Israeli Air Strike against Iran. There has been no official statement regarding this, but Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said that all means would be considered.

A slight thing that bothers me. CNN.com regularly has a section entitled CNN Heroes. However, unlike what you would think, they are not regular everyday people. They are celebs. This is rediculuos. If you cannot figure out why, then you are an idiot. They do not salute people who are fighting diseases and poverty on a regulart basis. No, they salute Jenny Mcarthy and Julianne Moore. While I know they both do good work fighting diseases and spreading knowledge about autism, shouldn't someone a little bit more regular be considered for this "honor"?

Ok enough of supposed "real news" there is a lot of good stuff thats out there today. I like to refer to them as side-stories, but really they are the reasons to read the news.

First off, I just came across an article about a 77 year old man in Jacksonville FL, rode his bike (bicycle that is) apparently a decently long distance, to pick up his 4 year old grandson from pre-school. When the grandfather gets home, his wife tells him he has the wrong kid.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/14537564/detail.html

My Two Cents: This is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. I know there is all sorts of problems here, such as kidnapping, and the teachers not following safety protcals, but still. The man brought the kid back and got his grandson. But seriously, it was an honest mistake and this is rediculously funny.

In other side news, a surfer was attacked by a great white shark, and would have been killed if not for a group of bottlenosed dolphins. This apparently is a 2 month old story, but now the guy is healthy again. He was attacked by a shark who almost bit his leg off and chomped on the guys back. It was coming in for antoher attack when the dolphins made a protective circle around the surfer, and kept the shark at bay until he got on the beach.

My Two Cents: This is awesome. Its a feel good story that makes you believe that dolphins really are the second smartest creatures next to mice. (If you've seen the movie I am referring to, you would get that.) I wonder how crazy it would be to see that from the surfers perspective, although he was probably more concerned with living.

I saw a headline that reads "150,000 fish die in barn fire". I know there is more to this one, but its a funny headline.

Listen to the throwdown on sunday nights.

Apparently Conan O'brien was being stalked by a priest. The priest had been writing him letters for the past few years demanding Conan give a public confession, OR lest the priest onto the show.

My Two Cents: It seems like this crazy was just trying to use his place in the clergy to get on TV. Or he is just a crazy nutbag. I wonder what kind of beef a priest could have with Conan.

Next we've got a bunch of kids who were given detention for hugging each other. Apparently this is a common practice the past few years for schools to ban hugging.

My Two Cents: I had no idea that this was normal. I remember back in the old days when schools were worried about drugs and kids having sex at school. What has happened to America's youth? and why is this a legitimate concern, hugging?!? One of the girls who got detention hugged her friend who had just lost a parent. This shiz iz whack.

In Music, there is an album that has been out for a little while that I bet is really awesome. Its a joint album between Allison Krauss and Robert Plant. Krauss possible has the mosth soothing voice in the whole world, and Plant kicks ass. If you have heard this album let me know how it is, since I am lazy and have not bought it yet.

It turns out Ostrich burgers are good for you. So if you feel comfortable eating Ostrich, or llamas as they are somtimes known, get out there and do something good for yourself!

I'm not gonna summarize this one, just gonna give you some clips from the article:
"A New York eatery is offering a $25,000 dessert bulging with top-grade cocoa, edible gold and shavings of a luxury truffle...The dessert is a frozen, slushy mix of cocoas from 14 countries, milk and 5 grams of 24-carat gold topped with whipped cream and shavings from a La Madeline au Truffle."

My Two Cents: While I am a HUGE fan of all foods. (excpet for water chestnuts, but i'll get into that later) I think this is waaay too rediculous. But it's also amazingly smart because the people who do have that kind of money, will now go buy this dessert just to say they did it. Say what you want about this being a sign of the decline of mankind, its also deliciously genius.

A toy known as Aqua-Dots in America and something silly in Australia has been recalled due to the toy being a date rape drug. At first I thought this was one of those fake CNN pages people send to you, but it was real. If ingested, the chemicals react with our bodies to create HGB (I think) which is a popular date rape drug. There have alread been reports of children eating these toys and going comatose.

My Two Cents: After all of this stuff with the different toy recalls has been going on, it kinda makes you think who in the hell is making these toys? I mean toxic chemicals are one thing but now its date rape drugs? Next Wal-Mart will be selling those dolls made purely from cocaine that they used in the movie "Blow". While it does seem slightly funny, the bottom line is, maybe its time to sell some toys not made in china. This apparently would be much safer.

In entertainment news Brad's mom and Angelina are fighting. cool.

If you have not yet read Dog the bounty hunter's apology, you are missing out. (I am the doooog, the big bad dooooooog). http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21689604/

My Two Cents: Ha! This is one of the funniest things I have ever read. Not only is it a rediculous defense, one can only hope that if something like this came up in a court trial, the "Doog-I though I was cool enough" defense can be used successfully. It is only slightly lesser known than the famous Chewbacca defense. I can't believe that this is what he came up with after a few days of tough thinking. I mean couldn't he just say he was a racist?

Now for my rant(s): First off, my reasoning behind hating water chestnuts is that they are gross. The texture is slimy and mushy-hard at the same time. The are crunchy, but not the good crunchy, they have no taste, and it's just not worth putting yourself through a bad experience when there is no rewarding outcome. They are an unneccessary food that does not compliment anything. Fuck you water chestnuts.

My real rant today is about the writer's strike. First of all, kudos to all the actors and TV personalities for going out there and "supporting" the writers by getting all dressed up and giving interviews while pretending to pickett. It is making you look great.
The thing is, the strike is not affecting me too much, since the only talk shows I watch are the Daily Show and the Colbert Report. I know leno and Conan fans are hurting. But what about the newest shows to start suffering "24" and "K-ville"? I don't watch that crap, but I watch other shows of equal stature. The studios and networks have stated that they are "prepared" for the longhaul with rerun episodes and crappy movies. WHY? why can't they just give the writers a little more moolah from their billions in annual revenue and end this thing?

To sum it all up as my buddy "stinkwidit" said last night " I don't pity anyone who is working in hollywood". I agree with that sentiment, however I do support the writers strike as well. This is just sillyness and TV watchers and movie-goers are gonig to suffer. (Except for people who watch the Ellen Degeneres show).

NOW FOR SPORTS!

For all you sports needs, Listen to the "Throwdown on Sunday Nights at www.blogtalkradio.com/throwdown.

Kentucky lost to Webb-Gardiner, Ohiot St. and Michigan St. also lost to some DII schools. That sucks for them. More good stuff for the Terps. I think it is rediculous that Kentucky got blown out at home, but that what they get for being in Kentucky.

No hot stove news yet. Do you think it is possible that no one will pay A-rod what he wants? that would be funny, but highly unlikely.

My arms are tired from typing so that's all I got.

Keepin it real from the Vegetable Loop.

No comments: