Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Women!

So its about 10:20 and I am perusing the web for the latest rumors about the Erik Bedard trade, when I decide to see what is happening in the world at large. I go to cnn.com ( I know it is a rediculously silly site, but it still has news), and I read the political ticker which usually has great blog-worthy fodder.

It did not dissapoint.

The main headline read:
"Women's Group Slams Kennedy for Betrayal"
If you are a complete ignoramus, and I don't believe that the three of you who read this are, you will know I am not talking about JFK. The NY chapter of NOW (National Organization for Women) is bashing Kennedy for endorsing Obama yesterday. They said:
"Sen. Kennedy’s endorsement of Hillary Clinton’s opponent in the Democratic presidential primary campaign has really hit women hard," said the statement. "Women have forgiven Kennedy, stuck up for him, stood by him, hushed the fact that he was late in his support of Title IX, the ERA, the Family Leave and Medical Act to name a few."

Where in the hell do they get off? I am not saying one way or another whether Kennedy's endorsement was right or wrong, it was an endorsement. Did he pledge to only support Hilary or no one and then turn his back? NO!
These crazy feminists ( I mean that in an identifying but not offensively negative way) are mad at him because Hilary is losing. According to their logic, becasue womens groups have been so understanding regarding his political past, he has an 0bligation to endorse Hilary? Is that some sort of unspoken pact? WTF!?!
NOW then goes on to state that Kennedy has no respect for womens rights.

So let me ask you this. Does this mean from now on, any major political figure, union, or interest group that supports Obama, or even Edwards, instead of Hilary does not respect women or their rights? It automatically means that their reasoning is strictly because they do not want a woman in the White House?
Does the same hold true for Obama? I guess anyone who endorses Hilary just hates black people and doesn't respect their rights. Apparently people only support Hilary because they never want to see a black man in the White House.

This is politics at it's pettiest and I think it stinks, just plain old stinks.
On a side note, this is partly why I don't want Hilary in the White House, because I don't want these crazy bitches to have any influence over her.
(yes I know that last sentence completely de-legitimizes my whole "article")

Also, whats is going on with Bill Clinton in the past week? but that is for you to decide. Leave a post if you dare.

1 comment:

yaron. said...

mad questionable, dude.

what if he just likes obama? this should blow over in a few days, though. it's probably some kind of standard operating procedure by now. they probably had two parties planned out, a 'thanks for your support, ted' party, and a 'fuck you sexist, ted' party.

the crazies are always freakin' organized 'n shit.

believe.