Tuesday, June 3, 2008

R.I.P. Bo Diddley- Rub My Back!

As some of you may know, one of the all time great rockers died yesterday after complications from a heart attack he suffered last year. Bo Diddley is the author of the "Bo Diddley Beat", something you may not have known by name, but most certainly would know by sound.

A quick story about Bo. The summer after my Freshman year of college I went to see an all day concert at Dover Downs (which by the way is the biggest thing I have ever seen, if you have not seen a NASCAR speedway you need to). So anyways, it was an amazing amazing concert. We missed the opening 2 acts which was ELO (electric light ochestra) and Blood, Sweat, and Tears (Who I would have loved to see). However we did then get to see, in order, Peter Frampton, Bo Diddley, CCR (without fogerty obviously, but it was still awesome) and CSN.

So Bo Diddley gets up there and he is so old he can't stand for too long so he is sitting in a chair, but still jammin away. In my "youth" I was unawaare of his significance in rock 'n roll which I would not fully learn for another 2 years, but I did know that this guy was awesome.

Anyways, into the "Bo Diddley" jam, where he's does his famous beat and then goes "Heyyyy Bo Diddley!" then the crowd does it, and it was lots of fun. Then this little of bent over man, gets up and does a little jig and points at like half the women in the audience one at a time and goes "I wanna do it with you, and you, and you, and you" and then he sits down. But of course not before yelling "heeeey Bo Diddleyyyy, RUB MY BACK!"
It was quite possibly one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Man what a great day. So that was my Bo Diddley Experience. May the rock gods treat him well and rub his back whenever he needs.

That's all for today. Leave one.

Keepin it real from the loop

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no comments on milner's wedding? you have to be relevant jacob.