Friday, April 18, 2008

Popes and Old Ladies

Hi folks. Im still training people, so alas I will have to keep this brief. Thanks for bearing with me during these slow times.

Now I know what you are thinking you perverse people. No! This is not about the Pope's relationship with old ladies, i'm sure he's into younger girls just like the rest of us. However, these are the only two things I would like to talk about. Well more like gripe.

Pope:
So I went to go see the Pope the other day. Yes, I live in DC. (like any of you who read this don't know who I am) So i'm standing there along Pennsylvania Ave. in the hot, bright sun waiting for the motorcade to come. There are hundreds of people lined up just on the 2 blocks that I can see. I'm figuring it was a few thousand overall. So we wait for like 20 minutes, ignoring the guys with rollong suitcases filled with "Pope T-shirts, only $10". It was like you were at a baseball game. I can't believe there were people who followed around the pope where he went and sold T-shirts to commemorate his passing by. Actually what I cannot believe even more is the people who spen $10 to get them (wait till he leaves and get 'em for $5).
So the motorcade finally comes and I see all the police, and I see the Pope and his "Popemobile" and then he's gone. Must've been travelling like 40 Mph. Zzzzzip right past. Most anti-climactic thing I have ever seen. Isn't the Pope supposed to be travelling really slow so people can see him and know he is waving to THEM?
Boo to you Pope, and booerns to your driver. That was not cool. Nobody got a goodd picture, and if you were trying to get a picture, then you missed the Pope since by the time you looked up out of your camera he was gone.

Secondly, I hate people who honk their horn for completely unnecessary reasons. This morning when I was walking to work, I was standing one step off the curb to cross a 4-lane street, I was BY THE CURB in the 1st lane, which has parked cars in it, therefore rendering it an unusable lane for automobiles. So this old lay driving a very sporty red punch buggy drives past and honks at me, and waves her hand as for me to get out of the way. I WASN'T IN HER LANE!
And I really hate when people honk at you, as to warn you not to do something you wouldn't do. For example: This scenario where I am not going to cross a 2 lanes in order so that old lady punchbuggy can hit me with her car. But, just in case, she should honk at me to let me know NOT to do it.
Thank you old lady, for quite possibly saving my life.

That's it for today. Post it.

Keepin it real from the loop

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it was pure coincidence that you saw the pope because in my purview he ranks a bit above Fran Drescher for people I would want to meet. For instance, today he will be in manhattan at an (orthodox) shul but it's gonna be like 2 hours before shabbos (she'chal lihiyos be'shabbos) so i really wonder who's gonna be there. Nevertheless I do have hakaras hatov for all the things he's trying to do for jews.
One thing i can't stand though, is that many jews are irked by a certain prayer the catholics say that has a line that they hope jews will eventually convert. Many (liberal) jewish organizations have begun a type of protest to get them to purge this prayer. This is crazy. Who do these organiztions think they are to try to amend Catholic theology. If it were the other way around and the christians asked us to excise "La'Minim U'Lamalshinim" (or for you crackers the ammended text: "V'Lamalshinim al Tehi Tikvah"), a prayer directed towards the early christians at temple and tannaic times, I would be livid in response to their involvement in our liturgical and religious structure. v'dok.

Jroz said...

In face I spent my entire 15 min break to go out of my way and walk 1 1/2 blocks to see him zip by.

Hence me being really peeved that he was going 40 in a 35. I had to walk all the way back and my break was over!

yaron. said...

do you think he got pulled over for speeding? do you think they have a special check box on the ticket template for such an occasion?

like -

car make:
_ acura
_ audi
_ cadillac
_ ford
_ popemobile
_ saturn
_ subaru