Monday, April 28, 2008

2nd Post

Sorry to make two posts in one day, but I feel that I need to express myself.
Make sure to read the story below from my earlier post.

I was at Trader Joes earlier during my lunchbreak and I realized why its such an aggravating store. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of their products and I shop there all the time. The problem isnt the food, its the workers.
I know it is the "wacky, fun, friendly" environment that makes TJ's the store it strives to be, but they are really annoying. We get it, you wear Hawaiin shirts and are therefore really relaxed and goofy, haha. But I don't really want someone going through my groceries and making comments about them. Im not paying you to make small talk while your scanning my groceries (In fact, i'm not paying you at all....count it!). It's like they look through your groceries and then comment on them. Example: "I see you've bought some prunes...system a little backed up?" and even better is most of them start giving you advice about things other than the price of apples on aisle 10. Its like all of them are the wise old dishwasher from the movie "waiting". Who wants to take advice from a grocery clerk? A nosy one at that.

I appreciate the personable atmosphere they are trying to create there, but honestly I'd rather you just cut the ridiculous small talk and scan my groceries.

Leave one,

Keepin it real from the loop.

2 comments:

yaron. said...

ok dude -

so the story about the dude and the pub is amazing. people send e-mails out all the time asking for volunteers to read to the elderly, or to help someone do their laundry, or something, why shouldn't they get paid to drink with an old dude?

it could be like a mentorship program.

regarding trader joe's - i'm totally with you. especially if you're the kind of dude that has massive panic attacks whenever they're spoken to by a stranger, regardless of their knowledge of native aboriginal drum technique or the number of sleep studies they've participated in. (her?)

as for going through one's baggage to lay waste to the little happiness we 'normals' find when picking out the one pack of frozen vegetable medley that's got water chestnuts in it - what's next? they shouldn't be going through our stuff at all - i get mad enough when the tsa checks my luggage, and that's in the interest of national security. fuck you lady - they're my vegetables.

and no, i don't want your free samples of macaroons.

Jroz said...

Right on!

Stop talking to me about your allergy to soy milk and bag my fucking groceries.